Wondering what your home is worth? Let us help.
If you’re thinking about selling your home, it’s important to know what it’s worth. After all, the value of a house can have a big impact on how much money you get for it when you sell, and that can make a difference in whether or not you’ll be able to buy another home with the proceeds from your first. We can get you an accurate estimate of your home’s value in Chicago and let you know what type of improvements would be best for the property.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
Your neighbor’s house may be similar to yours, but it’s not identical. Your home is unique in many ways: the neighborhood, the layout, construction and materials used, square footage, and room dimensions.
That means there’s no reason to assume that your neighbor’s sale price should be your guide when it comes time for you to sell.
If you were to sell your home, a buyer would be interested in the location, and how it impacts the price of the home. Location can affect how much you pay for your mortgage, and whether or not there are any amenities nearby. For example:
- A house with a view of the ocean is more desirable than one without.
- An apartment that’s within walking distance of shopping or restaurants will command higher rent than one further away from shops and restaurants.
- Has it been a long time since you purchased or moved into the home? If so, there may be some value in its history as part of your neighborhood.
- Have you made significant improvements to the property? Has it increased in value because of these improvements?
- Have recent renovations brought out its architectural beauty or added value to other potential buyers?
Timing is everything when it comes to selling a home. If you’re not getting any offers, it’s time to consider lowering your price. The “For Sale” sign in your yard will have a bigger impact on how buyers view your home than anything else — except perhaps its condition and location. If there are other houses on the market nearby that are listed at lower prices, buyers may be deterred from considering yours at all. Contact KM Realty Group LLC, Chicago professionals for more details.